The 3rd Asian University 3x3 Basketball Championships (AU3x3BC) 2017. April 12 to 16, 2017 at Gem In Mall, Cyberjaya, Malaysia.Southeast Asian teams who entered to participate in this tournament were Indonesia (men's team only), Philippines (men & women), Thailand (men & women) and host Malaysia with two teams each in men's and women's events.Of the four nations mentioned above, Thailand and Malaysia were the only teams who managed to win medals.In the women's division, Thailand battled against Macau for the bronze medal. The score was 14-12 at the end of regulated time in favor of Thailand. Thailand was awarded bronze medal while the gold and silver medals went to Chinese Taipei and China respectively.In the men's event, gold medal was won by Mongolia after beating China, 17-13 in the finals match. While the bronze medal was won by host Malaysia after defeating Thailand in a thrilling match. The match ended with scores of 21-20.
Meanwhile, the Philippines did not register any win in both men and women's event. They were defeated by Iran (14-21), Indonesia (18-19), Mongolia (14-21) and Malaysia-B (18-21) in men's pool A while the women's side experienced dominance from Hong Kong-A (10-14), Thailand (10-21) and Taipei (7-21).
Indonesia on the other hand, registered 3 wins against Iran (21-18), Malaysia (21-19) and the Philippines (19-18) while surrendered to China (10-16) and Mongolia (15-17).
Adding more excitement in the event was the Shootout and dunk contest. The winner for the dunk contest for women's side is Pin Lo of Taipei while host Malaysia added another success as Tan Wei Jie won the shootout contest for the men's category.In the dunk contest, Mongolia's Naranbaatar won the title.In the first edition of this championships last 2015, the Thailand team placed third in the women's event out of eight (8) participating teams while Philippines placed last in the nine-team men's event. China won both titles in their home soil.In the second edition which was held last year, Thailand-A (Sripathum University) settled for silver medal in the women's event. Thailand-B placed 4th overall.Below are the teams from SEA who participated in the 3rd edition of AU3x3BC
- Indonesia: Christian Gunawan, Erick Jonathan Gosal, Patrick Nikolas and Rivaldo Pangesthio
- Malaysia A: Ting Chun Hong, Tan Wing Jet, Anthony Liew Wen Qian & Chang Zi Fueng
- Malaysia B: Wei Yuong Liew, Jing Jiek Ng, Muhd Syahmi and Wei Jie Tan
- Philippines: Reniel Allan Doral, Ismaeel Khan Muhammad, Alfie Quiñones & Cedric Tolentino
- Thailand: Manatsawe Booddoung, Manatkawin Bootduang, Nithipol Sawathavorn & Jukkapong Sriwongkod
- Malaysia A: Yuen Yian Cheong, Ammie Chin, Toh Ke Hui & Jo Rynn Lee
- Malaysia B: Xin Yin Choo, Pei Pei Heng, Yun Wei Tan & Yap Yu Ying
- Philippines: Briquel Jane Garcia, Cheryl Ann Magno, Janine Orca & Cristy Grace Ramilo
- Thailand: Yanee Phosut, Amphawa Thuamon,Kanokwan Prajuapsook and Thidaporn Maihom